Sunday, January 07, 2007

Some music you should check out


I had a chance to sing my song "Open My Eyes" at church on the day before New Year's. You can check it out at the following link: http://myiwe.com/iTV/?type=10%20AM%20Worship&id=817&action=display. When you get to the page, click "Offering Music: Marc Hogi." It usually takes a minute to download.

Also, I promised to include a link to my newer version of "Yes, You Are" from November 12. I'm much happier with this version. You can find that here at http://myiwe.com/iTV/?id=801. I've been trying to stop making funny faces when I sing, but I'm not always successful. So you may get a good laugh in addition to a good song. Ha ha. (Note to Mac users: If you have a Macintosh, you may not be able to view these videos.)

I've been listening to a lot of music online, particularly on MySpace and PureVolume.com. Right now I'm listening to Sean Feucht's "Away." This is an incredible song, especially the last two minutes. His bio says that his personal mentors include Jason Upton, and man does it show. You can check out "Away" and three other songs at http://myspace.com/seanfeucht.

I've also been enjoying the alternative bands Turn Off The Stars and Future of Forestry. The latter band includes the lead singer and guitarist from the now-defunct Something Like Silas. You can check out those guys at www.purevolume.com/turnoffthestars and www.purevolume.com/futureofforestry.

I've also been listening a lot to an independent urban gospel singer named Juanita Wynn, whom you can check out at www.myspace.com/juanwynn. "Never Knew Love..." and "What We Need 2 Do" are definitely head-bobbers, while "Where Would I B..." is just a cool old-school soul jam--the kind that makes my heart smile every time I hear it. Check out them horns... I've also been stuck on Fred Hammond's "Keep On Praisin'," which you can hear at www.myspace.com/therealfredhammond. "This Is The Day" is also pretty cool. I've also been listening to a number of worship artists on the soaking.net Web site. I will write more about these later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marc I pray that all is well in South Korea, and that all is going according to His will in your life. We keep you in our prayers and know that your life will be a light unto others. The Lord will surely finish what He has begun in and through you. Keep the faith and continue to walk in courage knowing that He is the One who is carrying you. I pray that your student’s minds be enlightened (in learning English and) to the growing knowledge of who Christ is through your actions. Remember to rest, just like Jesus did, when He was in the boat among the anxious disciples and the roaring sea. Continue to have peace of mind, body and soul, for He has every single detail of your life planed, for He knew you before He made you. Nice smile.

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home