Monday, October 09, 2006

North Korea

Hello all, I've been kind of preoccupied for the last few days, even though South Korea just had a national holiday and I had some time off work. I just wanted to post a quick note about the situation with North Korea for those of you that are wondering.

My feelings about the current situation and North Korea in general are pretty complicated, but the most important thing I can say is that I believe God is in control of the situation. I know that's oversimplifying everything, but it remains the most important truth above every other fact and argument and opinion. The Korean peninsula has undergone dramatic social and political change in the last few decades, and that change has not slowed down. I was aware of this before I came here and I didn't let that scare me off.

That said, the thought that nuclear warfare has been tested so close where I live is a little unsettling. But I have no regrets about coming here. Before I left New York a few people asked me if it was safe to travel to Korea. Since I've been here some Koreans have also asked me my feelings on this knowing that many Westerners are panicky over North Korea. I usually respond to everyone that there is no true safe place on this earth. I don't consider myself any less safe here than back home in New York. I commit everything to God knowing that He is directing my steps. Some of you may think of this as overly spiritual, but this is practical.

I will try to update again soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray that the Lord guide you and that His will be done in your life. (Phil 4:6 NKJV)
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God."
Be safe. God bless, We love you Marc.

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I am inspired by your courage and your dedication.
You got it right! GOD is in charge of the situation.
Love,

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marc,

Don't know you but I know your mom. I am part of her Fabulous Jazzy Lady group. She is an amazing woman and a blessing to all those in the group. I see that the apple does not fall far from the tree. Stay encouraged. You've got it right. God is your provider and protector. I hope to meet you someday but if not, know that you now have a whole new group of believers keeping you in prayer. God Bless!

Aisha Benson

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marc
I am fabulous Jazzy Lady Shirley.
I praise God for you because not too many men I know have the courage and faith that you have expressed in your mail.
To God Be The Glory great thing he has done. Marc you are a living testimony. Stay encouraged and continue to be about God's business and your rewards will be great.
Also your mom is a sweet angel that I am proud and honored to know.
I will keep you and your mission lifted up in prayer.

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home