Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Throwback.3 + Jay's wedding

From 2008, probably late summer or early fall. Jay (a former student of mine from my previous job) invited me to his "wedding" at a hotel near Express Bus Terminal. Actually it was more of a reception, as Jay and his wife were legally married before this event. I did an acoustic cover "Love Me (The Way You Do)," a little-known ballad originally performed by gospel group Anointed from their album "Spiritual Love Affair." A third of the way into the song, the microphone fell over and hit my guitar. Someone nearby immediately adjusted it and I only had to stop for a few seconds. Strangely, it didn't seem to be much of a distraction to anyone. I didn't know anyone there and it was overall a slightly awkward experience, but worth it for Jay.


3 Comments:

Blogger Burumu said...

Way to go bro!! I am sure your ex student appreciated your song!!:)

2:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yours seems to be a pretty musical wedding. DJ and some rocking music are must for parties and functions. Hired one for my brother's engagement with a famous anchor as well. Some amazing Chicago venues are also shortlisted with quality caterers and bakers. Everything will be finalized in a day or so.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marc, this year will mark 12 years since you left us. Between my sister leaving me in 2007, and you in 2012, it has been a rough road. I think of you when things aren’t going well, I sometimes watch your YouTube videos and they make me smile. I can’t believe that it has been 36 years since I met you, and you definitely left a positive mark in my life. Say hi to my sister Rosa in heaven, I’m sure that we will see each other again someday. Your friend, Miguel.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home