Sunday, October 01, 2006

Rest

Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure
in Him, in Him
For He shields them, all day, all day long
With His love, with His love

And the one the Lord loves
Rests between His shoulders
I can rest, I can rest

My heart is glad, with my mouth I will sing
Of Your love, of Your love
For You will fill me with joy
Joy in Your presence
I am filled with Your joy

Because I'm one the Lord loves
And I rest between His shoulders
I can rest, I can rest

"Rest," by Cindy Rethmeier

Today I had the privilege of doing my arrangement of the song "Rest" at church today. I first heard this song in 1998 off of Vineyard's "I Want to Thank You" CD. It has been one of my favorite songs to sing. After a stressful week at work, this song means that much more to me. You can check out the video here:

http://myiwe.com/iTV/?type=3%20PM%20Worship&id=787&action=display

It's a little bit raw and I messed up a few chords. Once again I had to play J.'s guitar (although this time around I wasn't angry about it). Once again the song didn't come out the way I wanted it to. I also unknowningly made some funny faces. But some people at church told me they were really touched by it. I hope you are too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home