Sunday, May 30, 2010

Strange to see

I gave a quiz to some Korean students asking about their impressions of foreigners. Here are some of their responses:

So big!

Big eyes
When I saw a foreigner, first I had a horror as I looked the ghost.
Foreigner is very nice. Because they are kind and smart. Specially, American is Christian!
When I was meet the foreigner I think 신기하게 (new, amazing)
I scared, help me
Foreigner is very good, they are no different
두려움 (fear)
mysterious
Big and long and nice smile
handsome
I think good. Because speak English very well
Very big. Good face
When I see the foreigner, I'm envy foreigner, I think they are all "handsome," "beauty"
I saw a foreigner is very very scare, and surprised
Strange, get near hard
gentle!
Good handsome very very zzang (짱, stylish)!
I think and see foreigner novelty
Pretty and handsome. Big eye
wonderfulness, surprise
I'm scare. because I don't know about their language
Wow...big eyes and handsome and we are friend not special
Very handsome, beautiful...very...tall!! Wow--but now so so... :)
I have some foreigner friend so I feel exciting when I see the foreigner
Something strange for us
Foreigner is very handsome and tall and small face
Just men and where are foreigner from?
I'm want talking with foreigner. Because interesting
Scared cause strange to see
My sister's husband is foreigner. His name Daniel. Daniel's first impression is very handsome. But I think "Don't talk to me!"
I thought that foreigners are scared (scary) people first time, but now I think they are very good people because they respect the will of the individual

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Mills said...

these are great!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Wilkine Brutus said...

Haha...great responses. It's the similar mixed response that I get everyday in Jeju. People want to rub my dark skin and grab my long dreadlocks. lol

We're all human...

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home